Co-sponsored by the Massachusetts Hospital Association
The Value Imperative: Delivering Better, More Efficient, and More Affordable Care in Today's Healthcare Environment
Tuesday, November 5, 2013
7:00 AM – 12:15 PM (Continental breakfast and lunch are included.)
DoubleTree Hilton Westborough
5400 Computer Drive, Westborough, MA
The healthcare "system" in the United States is composed of a disconnected network of hospitals, diagnostic and treatment centers, physician practices, post-acute providers, payers, manufacturers, life science companies, and others. This has driven healthcare expenditures to 18% of our GNP and, without significant intervention many say this could rise to in excess of 30% of our GNP by 2040. The demand for value and transparency by government, businesses and the consumer has never been greater.
This conference will focus on creating value in today’s healthcare delivery system with a special focus on optimizing quality, improving the patient experience of care, and making healthcare more affordable.
- Donald Berwick, MD, MPP, FRCP, Gubernatorial Candidate, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Former Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Former President & CEO of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Mike Irwin, Managing Director, Health Care Investment Banking, Citi (Presentation PDF)
- Ken Kaufman, CEO, Kaufman, Hall & Associates, Inc. (Presentation PDF)
- Moderator - Martha Bebinger, Reporter, WBUR
- Mairead Hickey, Executive Vice President and COO, Brigham and Women’s Health Care
- Mike Irwin, Managing Director, Health Care Investment Banking, Citi (Note speaker change)
- Ken Kaufman, CEO, Kaufman, Hall & Associates, Inc.
- John Polanowicz, Secretary, Executive Office of Health and Human Services, Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Michael Tarnoff, MD, Corporate Chief Medical Officer, Covidien
|7:00 to 7:30 AM||Registration, Breakfast and Networking|
|7:30 to 7:45 AM||
|7:45 to 8:30 AM||Donald Berwick, MD|
|8:30 to 9:15 AM||Mike Irwin|
|9:15 to 9:45 AM||Networking Break – Visit our SPONSOR Tables|
|9:45 to 10:00 AM||Annual Meeting|
|10:00 to 10:45 AM||Ken Kaufman|
|10:45 to 12:15 PM||Panel Discussion|
leaders and grow your career.
Become an ACHE member today!