ACHE of Massachusetts Spring Conference 2018
The New Healthcare Paradigm and
Organizations That Are Shaping It
Friday, May 4, 2018
7:30 AM – Noon PM
DoubleTree by Hilton
5400 Computer Drive, Westborough, MA
(Continental breakfast and lunch included.)
A 6% increase per year in US health care costs over the next decade is projected, bringing health care’s share of our GNP from 19% to 25% – when for the rest of the industrialized would it is only 6-10%. And, despite this massive spend, US still ranks as the unhealthiest nation in the industrialized world.
Congress plans to take up “Entitlements Reform” next – threatening massive cuts to Medicare and Medicaid just as 80 million Baby Boomers enter their 70’s and 80’s – the peak years for health care needs.
Something has got to give! The whole health care industry – big pharma, medical device manufacturers, providers, and insurance companies – will need to make radical changes.
Enter disruptive innovators: Big Data and new payment models that demand control of total medical expense while providing higher quality and greater access. Increasing volume, visits and procedures to generate revenue will not work. The future must focus on the real determinates of health: Behavior, Engagement and Environment.
ACHE of MA’s Spring Conference will focus on organizations and individuals that are successfully implementing changes and creating The Future of Health Care in America. Pay attention to this paradigm shift – or risk becoming the next incandescent light bulb!
- Troyen Brennan, MD, Executive Vice President and Chief Medical Officer, CVS Health
- Patrick Gilligan, Executive Vice President of Sales, Marketing & Product, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Moderator: Peter Shorett, Senior Partner, The Chartis Group
- Alastair Bell, MD, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Chief Operating Officer, Boston Medical Center
- Jan Bruce, Founder & CEO, meQuilibrium
- John Moore, Co-Founder & CEO, Twine Health
- Marc-David Munk, MD, FACHE, Chief Medical Officer, Iora Health
- David Seltz, Executive Director, Massachusetts Health Policy Commission
|7:30 to 8:00 AM||Registration, Breakfast and Networking|
|8:00 to 8:15 AM||
Opening Remarks & Kinzer Awards
|8:15 to 9:00 AM||Troyen Brennan, MD|
|9:00 to 9:45 AM||Patrick Gilligan|
|9:45 to 10:15 AM||Networking Break – Visit Our Sponsor Tables|
|10:15 to Noon||Panel Discussion|
|Noon - Closing||Closing Remarks & Optional Lunch|
$199 ACHE of Massachusetts/ACHE Members
$299 Non-members (Join ACHE to receive the Member Rate.)
*$35 Healthcare Administration Students and those "In Transition"
*Students must be in a full-time Healthcare Administration Master’s Program. A Student ID will be requested upon check-in on conference day.
- The American College of Healthcare Executives has awarded 1.5 ACHE Face-to-Face Education Credits to this program.
- 1.5 ACHE Qualified Education credits have been approved for the Keynote portion of this program.
CANCELLATION: To cancel your registration, please notify us in writing no later than one week prior to the event for a refund, less a $25 nonrefundable processing. If a cancellation takes place less than 3 days prior to the event, no refunds will be given; however, you may send a substitute in your place.